Wendy Thompson, Your Personal College Counselor
My background in college admissions includes twelve years on the Bowdoin College staff. There, I evaluated over 10,000 applications and over 20,000 essays, and conducted hundreds of interviews. With many years of admissions experience, I know what colleges look for in candidates. Whether I am doing a mock interview or reviewing your college applications, it is always with the eyes of a college admissions officer.
I charge by the hour and tailor services to your wants and needs. My services include the following:
- Creating a college list based on your academic and extracurricular profile, personality, and career goals and my knowledge of the current college admissions landscape
- Providing feedback on your college application essays and the activities list
- Giving advice regarding teacher recommendations
- Conducting practice interviews
- Advising you regarding high school course selection, standardized testing plans, and test-optional colleges
- Creating a monthly college planning calendar and a college tracker with application requirements and deadlines
From the initial college search to crafting the application to the final college choice, I can help you navigate this next step in your life.
Thank you so much for all your help with the college search and application process. We really feel that the process was smooth and you assisted with the toughest parts! This helped us preserve our relationship with her, so we wouldn’t be constantly nagging.