Wendy Thompson, Your Personal College Counselor
I have an extensive background in college admissions, including twelve years on the Bowdoin College staff, where I evaluated over 10,000 applications and over 20,000 essays, and conducted hundreds of interviews. Drawing on over thirty years of college admissions experience, I know what colleges look for in candidates and I review students’ application essays with the eyes of a college admissions officer.
Working remotely or in person, I charge by the hour and tailor services to each student’s wants and needs. Families can contract for specific advising services and guidance to complement their own efforts or use me solely as quality control for an outside opinion. Students benefit most when the full range of my expertise is leveraged. My services include the following:
- Creating a college list based on the student’s academic and extracurricular profile, personality, and career goals and my knowledge of the current college admissions landscape
- Providing feedback on college application essays and the activities list
- Giving advice regarding teacher recommendations
- Conducting practice interviews in person or by video chat
- Advising students regarding high school course selection, standardized testing plans, and test-optional colleges
- Managing the college application process by creating a monthly college planning calendar and a college tracker with application requirements and deadlines.
From the initial college search to crafting the application to the final college choice, my guidance helps families navigate one of the most challenging and exciting experiences they will undertake together.
Thank you so much for all your help with the college search and application process. We really feel that the process was smooth and you assisted with the toughest parts! This helped us preserve our relationship with her ?, so we wouldn’t be constantly nagging.